Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Here we go

I wasn't quite sure whether I should become a member of the blogosphere. I wasn't able to figure out what I should be writing about. Nina posts stuff about our family on her blog so I think me posting about the family would be a bit redundant so I won't be doing much of that. I guess I will just have to write about what I am thinking from time to time.


It will probably come as no surprise to people who know us that, lately, I have been thinking quite a bit about kids and family. One month ago my wife gave birth to our second child, a beautiful baby girl. For the last several months I have been thinking about where we will be in the future. This brought me to the realization that I am old. Most of my friends from high school have kids in high school and here I am with a 3 year old and a new born. Of course this got me to thinking about the fact that when my girls are in high school I am going to be an old man. Continuing on this train of thought I got to thinking that I need to make sure that I am still around to see this. All of this lead me to the oh so obvious conclusion that

I AM FAT

I need to get healthy so that I am around to see my little girls grow up and get married and have kids of their own. So I joined a gym and started going. I have got a pretty good little routine going and I have lost 9 pounds since Christmas. I also feel a ton better most of the time and have a lot more energy. I have been going to the gym at night but found that this was fairly inconvenient so this week I switched to mornings. I am having a hard time getting out of bed but once I get up I really enjoy the morning workouts. Right now I am 218 pounds and I'm shooting for about 205-210 and would like to maintain that weight. I figured if I talked about it for the whole world to see that maybe I will stick with it. I hope to post something in the next couple of days about the other thing that has been occupying my mind lately, politics. So long.

2 comments:

Nina said...

Fat is a relative term! And by relative I mean, your closest relative, your wife.

I love you just the way you are but I know you want to be healthy.

Good luck and good job.

Rachel said...

I'm digging this blog already.

Looking forward to more!